The Manheim Community Library will provide a place for the community to turn to for the discovery of ideas, the joy of reading and the power of information. We strive to maintain a varied collection of resources to benefit persons of all ages and abilities.
- Two week borrowing period unless stated on the spine
- Unlimited number of items may be borrowed
- Renewal is available unless someone else has reserve the book
Movies and Documentaries
- 1 week checkout
Must be renewed in person
Children’s Books – $.10 per day to a maximum of $3.00/item
Adult and YA books – $.20 per day to a maximum of $5.00/item
Movies – $1.00 per day to a maximum of $5.00/ item
Replacement of lost material
Materials more than 4 weeks overdue are considered lost.
The entire cost of the item will be automatically added to your card and you will be billed.
If a lost item is paid for and then located, it may be returned to the library for repayment.
Repayment will be the cost of the book, minus the maximum overdue fine.
An Internet Use Agreement must be signed by all those wishing to use a public access computer.
Minor children under the age of 18 are also required to have a parent sign the agreement form with them in the Library.
Obtaining a Library Card
- Lancaster County residents over the age of 5, are eligible.
- Library cards may be used in any public library in Lancaster County.
- New patrons will need to complete a short form agreeing to accept responsibility for borrowed material.
- Children under 14 must have a parent or legal guardian provide proof of residency and co-sign the application with them.
- Use the following as proof of address:
- A photo ID with a current address on it.
- A photo ID in the applicant’s name and one form of official paperwork with a pre-printed Lancaster County address on it.
- For example, a bill addressed to the applicant, a tax bill for a Lancaster County property, working papers, a current lease or deed, or pre-printed checks.
- Access PA library cards will be honored. A photo ID is required. If you do not live in PA, or you are not a member of your local participating PA library, a $25 fee will be charged for borrowing privileges.
- A written request from the director of the organization must be submitted to the local library director for approval. Though special loan periods may be arranged, fines and obligations still apply.