Youth Services Intern
Pay Range: $7.25 /hour
135 hours over 9 weeks
Tues., Wed., Thurs.
Hours per week: 15 hours per week.
Enthusiastic, creative and tireless best describe a Youth Services intern. This person supervises, executes and cleans-up after most of the Library’s summer programs and activities for youth. Held approximately four times a week, programs will promote reading, library use and stimulate curiosity. Responsibilities also include enhancing the children’s area of the library, including displays and bulletin boards to create a welcoming destination for families.
1. Meet Basic Library Job Qualifications (see page two)
2. Knowledgeable of Children’s and/or Young Adult Literature
3. Enjoys working with children, young adults and their parents
4. Able to demonstrate basic library-use skills including but not limited to alphabetizing and numerical ordering
5. Computer use experience
6. Able to assist patrons find library materials
7. Able to work with volunteers and patrons to assist them in following library policies and procedures
1. Supervise scheduled programming for children and youth in the Library, ensuring that set-up and clean-up for programming is done in a timely manner
2. Provide Director and Youth Services Coordinator timely information about programs and events
3. Provide Library staff with the support needed to ensure smooth operation of the summer reading program
4. Present a positive face to the community for the Library
5. Perform basic circulation desk operations as needed
6. Work with patrons to meet their library needs
7. Maintain Summer Reading Data for Youth Services Coordinator
8. Oversees the creation and set-up of displays
9. Additional duties as requested by the Youth Services Coordinator or Director
In-Library support for Summer Reading Program sign-up, activities and events, prize awarding, Library displays and circulation desk services.
• Tuesday – Reading Dogs
• Wednesday – SRP program at the Library
• Thursday – Storytime and Creative Writing Workshop
• Limited Miscellaneous Events on an as needed basis
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by Friday, March 16th.
The Manheim Community Library supports workplace diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All employees are required to obtain a PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal Record check, and Federal Criminal Background Check.