Join the Manheim Community Library team as we work together to provide excellent service to our community!
Library Assistant duties include:
Working at the library circulation desk checking items in and out, collecting payments, placing holds, and issuing library cards. Also shelving library materials and dealing with the public in a courteous, friendly, and informative manner both in person and on the telephone; and exercising judgment in interpreting library policies and procedures to the public.
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages and from diverse backgrounds
- High school graduate; some college preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Ability to work with library customers and staff in a friendly, efficient manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience using public library technology and the Internet
- Ability to perform routine clerical and record-keeping tasks repetitively and efficiently
- Ability to learn and use the computerized library catalog system
- Accurate keyboarding and computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain reliable attendance and regular schedule
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to vary work schedule
- Physical ability to regularly lift library materials weighing up to 40 pounds, to push fully loaded carts of library materials, and to bend and reach shelves
- Strong commitment to public service and the Manheim community
- Patience and a sense of humor a must!
- Willingness to comply with and enforce safety guidelines as directed
- Satisfactory Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting
Part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week, including days, evenings and one Saturday per month. Schedule subject to change as deemed necessary to meet library operating needs.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.