Join the Manheim Community Library team as we work together to provide excellent service to our community! We are a small library with a big heart, and we’re looking for a community-minded, friendly Youth Services Coordinator.
Youth Services Coordinator duties include:
Developing, planning and presenting children’s and teen programming, including weekly story times, planning and coordinating the Library’s summer reading program, selecting and ordering children’s and teen books and materials, attending community events to promote the library, exploring initiatives for promoting early childhood literacy, and working the circulation desk as needed.
- Must have experience working with children
- High school graduate; college preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with early literacy, STEM programming and arts & crafts
- Creativity, patience and a sense of humor needed
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to varying work schedule
- Ability to work with library customers and staff in a friendly, efficient manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform routine clerical and record-keeping tasks repetitively and efficiently
- Ability to maintain reliable attendance and regular schedule
- Physical ability to regularly lift library materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Strong commitment to public service and the Manheim community
- Willingness to comply with and enforce safety guidelines as directed
- Satisfactory Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting
Part-time position, approximately 20-24 hours per week, including weekdays, 2 Saturdays per month and an occasional evening. Schedule subject to change as deemed necessary to meet library program and operational needs.
To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org