The Friends of the Manheim Community Library is a 501(c)3 organization established in October 2013 to provide financial support and to promote the Library. Annually, approximately 250 of our neighbors choose to support the Library by becoming Friends members.
The Friends of the Library is a separate nonprofit organization from the Library and has its own by-laws and financial reporting. Your membership in the Friends organization is not the same as your financial donations directly to the Library.
What Do the Friends Do?
The Friends enhance the resources and services of the Library through fundraising, advocacy, education, and community outreach. Proceeds from membership and special events, including book sales, a storybook character breakfast for kids, Holiday Crossings, Murder Mystery at Mount Hope Mansion dinner theater benefit, and Dine Outs for the Library, are contributed to the Library for ongoing operational and program expenses.
- Raise awareness and appreciation for the Library’s resources and services
- Participate with the Library in community activities
- Participate in Library programs
- Advocate for quality Library services
- Sponsor programs and events for all ages
- Promote reading and literacy
- Demonstrate community support for our Library
- Support the Library through fundraising activities
Be A Friend! Get Involved.
Memberships are based on the calendar year (January – December). Memberships received after October 1st are credited to the following year’s membership. Minimum membership is $25. All members are invited to attend Friends-only Book Sale Preview events. Members at the Patron level and above are eligible to receive the Friends holiday ornament created by Stiegel Glassworks.
- $25 Individual
- $50 Family
- $75 Patron
- $200 Benefactor
- $500 Sponsor
- Custom – donor may choose to give any amount over $25
The Friends of the Manheim Community Library is a 501(c)3 organization, and your contribution may be tax-deductible.
Join by mail with a check or online by credit card. Mail-in applications may be picked up at the Library or you may download the FOL Membership Brochure 2023. If you choose to join online, you will need to complete the membership form and payment transaction separately at friends-manheim-community-library.square.site.
Attend a fundraising event
- Assist with mailings
- Sort books prior to Book Sales
- Volunteer at the Book Sale
- Plan special events
- Holiday Crossings
- Murder Mystery at Mount Hope Mansion
- Work on a fundraising project
- Spread the word about the Library
- Serve on the Friends Board of Directors
2024 Friends of the Manheim Community Library Board of Directors
President – Stacey Gibble Barrick, CFP
Treasurer & Membership – Sharon Williams
Secretary – Noreen Trostle
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.