1000 Books Before Kindergarten is designed to help you foster a love of reading in your child (newborn, infant, toddler or preschooler) and develop a regular reading habit. Experts believe that children need to hear 1,000 stories read aloud to them before they start kindergarten.
It’s simple to participate.
- Sign up your child for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten at Manheim Community Library.
- Read to your child.
- Log each book that you or any other caregiver shares with your child.
- After completing each milestone, stop in at the Library for the next log.
- Earn prizes.
You choose the pace.
- If you read three books a day with your child, you’ll finish in just one year.
- Read two books a day with your child, you’ll finish in two years.
- Read one book a day with your child, you’ll finish in three years.
For more information, visit the Library and ask at the desk.