Full Access Library System of Lancaster County Library Card
- Lancaster County residents over the age of 5 are eligible.
- Library cards may be used in any public library in Lancaster County.
- New patrons will need to complete a short form agreeing to accept responsibility for borrowed material.
- Children under 14 must have a parent or legal guardian provide proof of residency and co-sign the application with them.
- Use the following as proof of address:
- A photo ID with a current address on it.
- A photo ID in the applicant’s name and one form of official paperwork with a pre-printed Lancaster County address on it.
- For example, a bill addressed to the applicant, a tax bill for a Lancaster County property, working papers, a current lease or deed, or pre-printed checks.
- Access PA library cards will be honored. A photo ID is required. If you do not live in Pennsylvania, or you are not a member of your local participating Pennsylvania library, a $25 fee will be charged for borrowing privileges.
Options For Those Living Outside Of Lancaster PA:
- Applicants outside of Lancaster County should check their local library card for the blue Access PA logo. This designates your local library as a participant in the Access PA program. Bring your local library card with the Access PA logo to any Public Library in Lancaster County to obtain a Library System of Lancaster County (LSLC) library card.
- Individuals who live outside of Pennsylvania may pay a fee to use LSLC member library services. Visit a LSLC member library in person to register.
- A written request from the director of the organization must be submitted to the local library director for approval. Though special loan periods may be arranged, fines and obligations still apply.
Lost Or Stolen Cards:
- If you have lost your card, do not register for another account. Instead, please contact your local library. Find your local library here.
Online/Temporary Library System of Lancaster County Library Card
- Lancaster County residents age 14 years and up may also choose to register online for a temporary library card.
- Your temporary library card is valid for 3 months. You must visit or contact your local library to upgrade your temporary library card to a full access library card. Otherwise your temporary library card will expire. You will need to complete a full paper application in the library and produce proof of address to upgrade your card. Click here to see acceptable sources listed under our Circulation Policy)
- Your temporary library card can be used to:
- Borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Place holds on physical library items
- To pickup your held items, you must visit or contact your local library to upgrade your temporary library card to a full access library card.
- Use Online Resources
- Your temporary library card cannot be used to:
- Borrow physical library items
- Use public access computers in the libraries
- Please visit the Library in person with valid identification to upgrade your limited access library card to a full access library card.