Next in our how-to series for online resources, we’ll explore how to use TumbleBooks! It’s another great, free resource for kids available through our web site, and all you need is a library card to access it from home.
Here are the five easy steps you need to follow:
- Visit https://lancasterlibraries.org and select Programs and Services from the top menu. Then, select Youth Services on the drop-down menu
2. Select Tumble Books from the Youth Services page
3. Click on the rectangular Tumble Books icon
4. Now enter your library card number (don’t include spaces). You can find this number on the back of your card.
5. Have fun searching the online database of e-books and songs!
There are so many amazing online resources through the library’s web site, but how do you find them? How do you use them? What are they, where are they, and why should you use them?
I’m here to help.
Today I’m going to show you how to use Scholastic’s BookFlix, which I use regularly for virtual Story Times. BookFlix is my personal favorite e-book resource because….
- The books featured are top-notch, well-known titles
- Books are featured in fiction/nonfiction pairs so you can have fun and learn at the same time
- Each story is slightly animated and gives you the option to read along with the narrator.
- Each story pair comes with extra resources and games on the sidebar so you and your child can explore beyond the books!
Here’s how to get to BookFlix in 5 easy steps, starting at the Manheim Community Library homepage.
Beginning at www.manheimlibrary.org.
Click on the drop-down menu EXPLORE and select POWER LIBRARY RESOURCES.
Click to access Power Library
Select Power Kids
Enjoy exploring the site!